We have completed the first transplantation
We have completed the first transplantation cycle, relocating all of the fragments from the rack nursery to the reef. To reduce the failure of epoxy attachments, the new fragments were transplanted in the reef, tying them to nails firmly planted inside the rock with plastic cable ties. This new technique appears to be very promising. The next few weeks will be critical for the transplanted fragments' natural attachment. We are currently improving the rack nursery design in order to increase the number of fragments that can be hosted and to make tagging and cleaning operations easier. The new tree structure has been re-deployed in the sea, but in a new location with much better environmental conditions in terms of current and turbidity than the previous one. We are preparing the new area for a second tree structure that will be deployed soon.